By using the NTL OF NYC services, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. NTL OF NYC reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time without notice,and your continued use of NTL OF NYC constitutes your consent to such changes.
The column on the right provides a clearer, plain English overview of the terms of service, and is not legally binding.
1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES. NTL will provide an ongoing set of online services, including website design, copy and editorial development, search engine optimization, and website updates as described on the signup page for each specific service.
2. LIMITATIONS OF SCOPE. NTL will not be responsible for work that is beyond the scope of services set forth in the subscription plan in effect at the time Client initiates the service. Any changes to the scope of services will not be effective unless approved by both parties.
3. MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY. NTL will provide certain tools, methods, and resources to Client that are intended to help Client grow and build its business. However, Client is fully and exclusively responsible for its own business performance and Client satisfaction. In addition, Client has full and exclusive responsibility for understanding and ensuring compliance with any regulatory, legal, or contractual obligations related to Client’s business, including without limitation, data held by Client and its Clients, information provided by Client to Clients and/or other third parties and any safeguarding and security measures that may be required. NTL may participate in implementing needed systems services and functions, but Client is solely responsible for the final outcomes, actions taken, and results produced.
4. PAYMENT FOR SERVICES. For Websites: Client will be charged their Website Build Fee according to the payment terms in their quote; they will be charged their Support and/or Platform Fee starting immediately after completion of the website build and recurring every thirty (30) days thereafter.
For all Other Services:
The date that Client signs up for their initial recurring service with NTL — not including Website Builds — is their “Billing Cycle Date.”
Some services have a one-time Setup Fee which will be charged upon signup (on the initial Billing Cycle Date). For services without a one-time Setup Fee, Client will be charged their Monthly Recurring Fee once NTL’s work on a service has commenced (the first charge will be prorated for the month based on the Billing Cycle Date); Client will then be charged their Monthly Recurring Fee in full starting on the next Billing Cycle Date.
If Client opts for a Yearly Recurring Fee for services, they will be charged the full Yearly Recurring Fee upon signup, with subsequent years’ charges on the same date. For all services with One-time Fees and no Monthly Recurring Fee, Client will likewise be charged the full amount upon signup.
Invoices will be generated for every charge, and payment will be made by Client via automated credit card transactions. NTL reserves the right to collect late-payment charges of 1.5% per month on past due balances.
5. COPYRIGHT. All content produced by NTL in accordance with Client’s website subscription — including copywriting, graphic design, and WordPress code — is copyrighted by NTL and shall remain the exclusive property of NTL until Client has paid in full for their Website Build Fee.
After the Client has paid in full for their Website Build Fee, they may take possession of all content at any time — including copywriting, graphic design, and WordPress code — to be used indefinitely by Client for their company website and/or other marketing collateral without infringement on NTL’s copyrights. The usage will be restricted to the Client company only, and Client does not have any rights to resell, license, or otherwise allow 3rd-party use of the content.
If the Client signed up for a monthly Website Management subscription prior to July 1, 2020, they may take possession of all content at any time if their account is fully paid.
NTL provides three options for sending copyrighted website material to Client upon request: content export, full website backup file, full website backup file with managed migration.
6. CLIENT ACCOUNT. For the duration of the subscription to NTL services, Client agrees not to take any action that would expose NTL OF NYC or other NTL OF NYC clients to any undue risk, including but not limited to uploading malware or other malicious code, or attempting to disrupt, disable, or impair NTL OF NYC services or products. Each Client will have access to a Client Company account wherein individual Client user accounts can be created. Each Client user is solely responsible for the confidentiality, security, and management of their own user account and agrees to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under the account, including but not limited to communications sent or received, services subscribed to, or payments made. If any unauthorized personnel gains access to a Client user account, the authorized user or a Client Company representative will notify NTL OF NYC as soon as practicably possible upon learning of said access. Each Client user will take reasonable steps to ensure the security of their user account, including maintaining confidentiality of their user account password.
7. LINK. Customer hereby acknowledges and agrees that NTL shall have the right to use the name of Client, including the Client Web Site, for reference as a customer of NTL services for referral and marketing purposes.
8. TERM/TERMINATION. Except for reasons of non-performance by either party, this Agreement shall remain in effect until formally terminated in writing by either party. NTL will start Client’s subscription billing in accordance with the payment terms below, and any recurring billing shall automatically renew for subsequent one (1) month periods.
Termination of this Agreement and subsequent billing requires a formal written or email notice delivered by Client to NTL at least thirty (30) days prior to the desired date of termination. Repeated failures by Client to make payment by billing due dates gives NTL the option to immediately terminate this Agreement.
Upon the termination or expiration of this Agreement for non-payment or non-performance by Client, (i) all licenses granted by NTL to Client hereunder shall automatically terminate and Client shall immediately cease their use of the licensed content and any marketing collateral provided by NTL, and (ii) Client’s right to any and all services afforded to them by NTL shall automatically terminate.
If your website subscription has not been paid in full at the time of its termination, NTL will maintain an archived copy of all content — including copywriting, graphic design, and WordPress code — for three (3) years. All content associated with the canceled website subscription will be permanently deleted after that three (3) year period has ended.
9. PAYMENT FOR SERVICES. Your “Billing Cycle Date” is the date on which you sign up for your initial service with NTL.
For all Website Services – You will be charged a one-time Production Fee upon signup; your Monthly Recurring Fee will start being charged on your next Billing Cycle Date.
For all Other Services – You will be charged a prorated Monthly Recurring Fee once work on the service has commenced (if it is not your Billing Cycle Date); your full Monthly Recurring Fee will start being charged on your next Billing Cycle Date. Some services also have a one-time Setup Fee which will be charged upon signup.
For all Yearly Recurring Services – You will be charged the full Yearly Recurring Fee upon signup, with subsequent years’ charges on the same date.
For all Services with One-time Payments – You will be charged the full amount upon signup.
Client will pay monthly fees to NTL for a subscription to Services as described in plan above in effect at the time of this agreement and for the license to use the NTL web services, software, and licensed content in conjunction with these services. Payment will be made by automatic credit card transactions. Invoices will include monthly subscription fees and any additional fees for elective or other additional Services that have been purchased by the Client. Invoices will be issued and automatic transactions processed as described above. NTL reserves the right to assess and collect late-payment charges of 1.5% per month on past due balances.
10. MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICES AND PRICING. NTL reserves the right to modify or discontinue, either temporarily or permanently, any part of our services at any time by posting updates to our website. We may redesign certain services because we think they would be better, or we may stop accepting new signups to a service.
Sometimes we change the pricing of our services. We usually exempt existing customers from those changes, but we may choose to change pricing for existing customers in certain situations. If we do, we will provide at least 30 days’ notice via your email address on record.
11. ACCEPTABLE USE. As part of the subscription to NTL services, NTL may provide services which are delivered by third parties and billed to NTL. NTL reserves the right to monitor the usage of these services, and, in the event that the usage is deemed excessive, to contact the Client to advise of the excessive usage, and to make arrangements to either decrease the usage of the relevant service(s), to bill the Client, in whole or in part, for the services delivered, or to throttle, suspend or terminate the use of the service.
12. WARRANTY. NTL shall provide its services and meet its obligations under this Agreement in a timely and professional manner, using knowledge and skills consistent with generally acceptable standards in NTL’s industry, and will provide a standard of care based on commercially reasonable efforts. The services and all products provided as part of the services are provided “as is”, and NTL disclaims, and Client waives, any warranties, express or implied, as to the merchantability, fitness for a particular use or purpose, title, non-infringement, or any other warranty, condition, guaranty or representation related to the services. NTL does not warrant that the software or any products or services provided hereunder will be uninterrupted or error-free. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall the Company be liable for any direct, incidental, special, or consequential damages or otherwise, including any damages that result from the use of or inability to use the Website. The Company shall not be responsible for any damages whatsoever that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure of performance.
13. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Except to the extent finally determined to have resulted from the gross negligence or intentional misconduct of NTL, NTL’s liability to pay damages for any losses incurred by Client as a result of breach of contract, negligence, or other tort committed by NTL, regardless of the theory of liability asserted, is limited to no more than the total amount of the most recent three (3) months of base fees paid under this agreement. In any case, NTL and its licensors will not be liable for lost profits or any consequential, indirect, punitive, exemplary, or special damages. In addition, NTL shall have no liability to Client arising from or relating to any third-party hardware, software, information or materials. NTL is also not liable for direct or indirect damages created by viruses, hackers, or other malicious or accidental destruction of systems or data, though NTL will attempt to prevent or minimize exposure to such risks.
14. INDEMNIFICATION. Subject to the provisions hereof, Client shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless from and against any and all amounts payable under any judgment, verdict, court order, or settlement for third party claims brought against NTL and its licensors arising from products or services related to this Agreement. Conversely, NTL shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless from and against any and all amounts payable under any judgment, verdict, court order, or settlement for third party claims brought against Client arising from the gross negligence or intentional misconduct of NTL.
15. GOVERNING LAW. You agree that these Terms and Conditions shall be treated as though they were executed and performed in Hong Kong and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong (without regard to conflict of law principles). All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or any other agreement related to the use of NTL services shall be brought solely in Hong Kong. NTL Marketing is a dba of NTL Holdings, Ltd. 3rd and 5th Floor, Heng Shan Centre, 145 Queen’s Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong.